2020-11-26 Hypha Worker Co-op: (Governance &) Operations
Time: 9:00-11:00pm ET
Attending: pc, dc
|Task Board Review||15|
Task Board Review
- Discussion about Open Collective Fiscal Agreement (with bl)
- gut-check: feel good someone looked at us and gave feedback
- “intended services/roles of the different personas, and what separates them”
- bl: inconsistencies between legal and ben looking at it
- model A/B
- alana: is this income to coop?
- first person with legal perspective reviewing. USA or Canada? Not clear. #ask
- Sean _______
- Each part (4)
- “silent on workflow”, but dc: platform contains the workflow. Do we need to define here?
- bl: does membership have ability to make this decision without board?
- we said it should be “all members” in bylaws, re: entering into contract.
- Section 8. treats all members in WGs as “Managers”
- Our interpretation:
- Correct balance of Board oversight v. Operations (e.g. board approve collectives), or full Operations (WG has full authority)?
- We don’t think they are collective members are employees because they don’t meet the definition and determine their own activities
- TRUST ACCT versus OUR INCOME
- trust acct makes you a payment processor (TransferWise then won’t deal with us, see: Platform 6 situation)
- we classify this as Our Income
- dc: we’re maybe overloading “fiscal sponsorship” an established term that’s used for orgs that help groups enter into leases, hire, etc.
- needs more clarification, we think this might be a mismatch of expectations and workstyles. Don’t see this as a concern
- Things we offer / we are responsible for:
- “what levels of compliance, security, international reach, etc. can a participant expect of Hypha’s services/fiscal sponsorship (other than its incorporation in Toronto)?”
- Things NOT included: Insurance,
- We would like some intangible soft benefits but not able to define at this stage
- #todo draft sentence for intro of fiscal page
- next steps:
- Set up this call with Sean – Is Sean coming to tomorrow meeting?
- #todo draft sentence for intro of fiscal page about 4
- circle back after info sesh
- Holiday hours
- Lite tracking
- Operations proposal:
- Sat, Dec 19, 2020 - Jan 3, 2021
- Jan 4 - 10, 2021 NO INTERNAL CALLS?
- Propose the 3 weeks, individually people able to be “back” after Jan 4 (maybe we want someone to monitor email that week and respond) BUT plan for internal WG business to resume Jan 11, 2021.
- Holiday party planning
- Sun, Dec 13 4-6:30pm ET [UTC-05]
- Among Us. Invite collaborators + clients.
- #todo cowork on this next Ops call
- create a yulelog background screen.
- create door graphics for each “room”
- cheesy clipart invite for “Holidy Drop-In Party”
- Miro board?
- bbb = bad for this. Jitsi instead.
- 2.5h; 1h “drop in” and then among us playtime
- inspo: https://medium.com/swlh/how-to-run-a-zoom-cocktail-party-and-have-better-classes-conferences-and-meetings-too-dc2c5b58f8be
- Few of us show up at Meet.coop <– Dec 4 party
- dc: get pc up on forwarder (operations@)
- #later conflict resolution protocols
- #todo:dc create stub issue
Action Items for Cultivator
- [ ] Migrate items with
#todo:personto task board
- [ ] Publish meeting notes as
- [ ] Reset meeting pad for next meeting