2019-02-13 Toronto Workers Co-op Meeting
Time: 13 Feb 2019 5:00 PM ET Location: https://appear.in/offline Attending: ben, udit, dc, elon, garry, patcon, yurko
- PL debrief (30 mins)
- Quick Working Group Updates (10 mins)
- Infra & Ops
- Business Plan (20 mins)
- Chat thru template in here
- Recent call with Evan
- outcome was unexpected
- stated OKRs not seen as priority
- Concerns about amount (both $ and work scope)
- Questions about overhead for managing/administrating a grant of this magnitude
- Concern with who had project management experience
- Tacking on launch of cooperative; additional work?
- If narrower scope of work would only require one team to evaluate, so simpler
- Ask for more rigorous process
- dc: Let’s think on big vs micro grants
- Future opportunities:
- nothing firm, but seems yes?
- touches on one team (unclear on budget)
- Reflect on how to speak about big ideas in smaller ways
- There are many grant opportunities but we need to decide how much we want to fit ourselves to be ready for those opportunities
Quick Working Group Updates
- Talked to DUCA Credit Union
- dc: see others as alternatives? desjardins?
PeopleBen doesn’t seem to like Alterna
- Dawn banks with them personally, Our Networks is there too. DC: I think it is totally fine. patcon: me too.
- dc: In research, good to 1) do more than two, and 2) hit a spectrum.
- Desjardin = huge size
- Next steps:
- Call Meridian and Desjardin
- More research with SMB person at DUCA & Toronto branch
- Conversations with OCA Peter, Forth Pig about not-for-profit v. “regular” governance structure (dc, patcon, ben)
- OCA webinar: incremental is good. Set a long timeline (patcon)
Infra and Ops
- Conversation around backups
- Agreed to take up milestones
- Conversation on scale (this is the x-over between business planning/ops/infra)
Our planning pad
- did brainstorming over there.