2019-10-16 Hypha Worker Co-op: All Hands Meeting
from template | Meetings | Calendar | Tasks | Code | Drive
Time: Wed, Oct 16 @ 5-6pm ET
Attending: bl, pc, bl, dc, uv, el, later: gi
Notetaker: … Next up: gi, uv, yj, pc, dc, el, bl
|Previous Action Items||15|
|Working Group Updates||10|
- bl: going through tasks by top priorities
- pc: primal glow, ready to pay up
- yj: everybody signed what they needed to sign wrt to banking, will hear back from desjardin tomorrow
- pc: primal glow will let us know when the rfp will happen
- bl: is there anything left contractually?
- pc: wants to pay directly to pc, avoid going through hypha because it was easier. didn’t want to wait for hypha to be fully set up
- bl: are we ok to have a client without a contract in place?
- pc: making a call that contract will happen after. might be a loss and learning, but ok to make that call right now
- bl: this is quite different from burak
- dc: would be hesitant to reopen convo with client re:negotiating a contract
- dc: could invoice people
- uv: worker’s/commercial liability insurance possible todo
- yj: errors and omissions insurance
- bl: are we using clockify process? combine clockify + quickbooks invoice?
- pc: will go through with bl
- pc: can we get a bank account number within 24 hrs?
- yj: assume, yes? login online
- bl: wants to link with quickbooks asap
- bl: she can pay us pretty soon
- bizdev cowork:
- meeting at tampered press tomorrow morning
- dc: we will be using hubspot, using their language for deals. everybody willing to use
- pc: ran through examples together, which worked well
- pc: is this format working?
- bl: let’s do wg updates, if there is something to say?
- dc: brand identity should be medium to high priority
- dc: wanting pitch deck
- bl: garry has b/w in november
- bl: we can start drafting up stuff
- pc/dc: not neccessarily in handbook, but overall agree with sentiment to move on with writing up brand stuff
- pc: luisa saw our lack of brand identity (from nomadic labs). could be a gift for facilitation
- bl: nice idea, could be good to get external feedback
- pc: opp to build external relationship
- bl: less risky to take this on as an internal project
- uv: overall positive
- dc: needs to be internal first, check in with garry first
- pc: Someone from Argintinean co-op is pitching collaboration. Willing to work to find an opportunity. Totally open to finding a small collaboration opportunity. No timeline as of yet.
- #todo create issue to track this
- bl: Scoping of projects:
- yj had opportunity around law firm IT
- el similar interests for projects
- pc has more web opportunity
- bl: maybe this is a broader conversation around “service/product positioning”
- pc: maybe come back to this question? and try to scope it to a tighter question
- yj: (finance wg) running low on cash in hand
- #todo: how to manage account? figure out clip from incoming cash? what sort of runway do we need?
- pc/dc: closing out Set up CRA issue
- bl: anybody has issues with sin # in quickbooks?
- yj: no choice if using qb for payroll
- doesn’t seem like there is objection
- pc: moving on to governance
- bl: piaa is a high priority
- would like to have burak - hypha contract, as opposed to bl+yj+burak contract
- bl will take of this action item
- dc: piaa and employee agreement can be decoupled
- employment relationship is defined by law
- pc: priority for bylaws?
- dc: bylaws 2 star / agm 1 star
- everybody: long ways away
- dc: second quarter 2020 for having everything done (agm+bylaws)
- dc: what do i need to do, to move forward with signing the appointing officers agreement?
- after the call
- dcwalk, ben, patcon tweaked resolution and signed
- ben: #todo create ticket for publig PGP place
- #todo bring commands into handbook
- #todo let people know we’re using PGP keys to sign legal docs
- #todo get yurko to sign
- after the call
Working Group Updates
Infra & Ops
- Primal Glow digital coaching
- Business Development & Sales
- Business Plan
- Jitsi Instance
- Bank Account
- ben: product positioning / service offering
- how we bring clients in? collective strategy?
- dc: tighter question? bl: concrete opps.
- +1 uv
- y: as many ppl as popular
- #todo create task?
- uv: year one strategy question
- business wg can facilitate?
- talk about at bizdev
Action Items for Cultivator
Migrate items with
#todo:personto task board
- Publish meeting notes to GitHub
- Publish meeting template for next meeting