2020-04-14 Hypha Worker Co-op: Infrastructure
Time: 5:00-7:20pm ET
Attending: bl, yj, el
|Task Board Review||15|
- Cats, Red Alert, Monkey Island, Magic the Gathering Online, DnD, el doesn’t play games
- el: new opportunity for setting up and managing BBB
- yj: contact at infra provider want to help out in support of covid-19 (www.centrilogic.com)
Task Board Review
- Review DONE tasks
- Archived #258
- #246 #todo:el to finish up policy
- #238 bl to continue trialing
- #244 yj to confirm then close
- #253 bl has a comment for el to answer
- yj: voipms has more features: built-in voicemail, multiple channels, long distance calls, etc.
- yj: monthly cost, but seems like a good featureful option for long term
- bl: can we use for jitsi call in?
- yj: if we switch to voipms then yes, but every minute costs a bit of $
- yj: Canada has ~$4 monthly cost / per minute billing, $3 for a Spain number
- bl: we may need this to run infra for people
- #todo:yj make a phone call so we don’t get “archived”
- #172 related to reliability of services, moving priority up to 2 stars!
- #262 #todo:el investigate, probably rebrandly broke
Review / update WG description
Existing: WG for setting up our “virtual office”, in particular the infrastructure and processes to collaborate.
- bl: “processes to collaborate” is in Operations WG now
- el: isn’t just our virtual office anymore, also clients / public infra
- bl: considers client work not infra
- yj: reproducible infra
New: WG for maintaining our “virtual office” and shared public infrastructure with reproducible and reliable services through sustainable and privacy-protective practices.
- yj: encompasses what we do and how we do it
- el: +1
- #todo:bl write this out better and PR to handbook
Email address policy
- Status -> https://github.com/hyphacoop/organizing/issues/131#issuecomment-612831069
- el: 4 GB per member mailbox in handbook
- bl: pc wanted to create alias as ppl need, I think it’s not a good idea, thoughts?
- yj: in some respect it is helpful to have aliases at times, but also don’t want it to go crazy
- bl: “in general one, but open to discuss making more as needed” el, yj: +1
- yj: opportunities, infra, members, hello… are “operational emails”, built bc a need arose
- bl: project emails all in format of
- yj: are the emails client-facing?
- el: project ones are client-facing
- yj: are they for archiving or forward to ppl?
- el: for distribution to forward list
- #todo phase out
- bl: I think there is value in keeping
- operational email -> WG internal email -> members of WG
firstname.lastname@example.org-> members of Business WG (public hypha.coop addresses) -> (i.e.
- bl: match
group.names to https://github.com/orgs/hyphacoop/teams/member-owners/teams
- bl: we need something like this for emails
- #todo:el use
email@example.com the hypha.coop domain itself, make sure we document this in service-inventory
- Revisit OKRs
- Updated sheet
- Discuss needs for project management support
- bl: Operations WG wants to ensure groups have sufficient support, what does Infra need?
- yj: struggled with direction, falls back on us… take a closer eye on OKRs to guide momentum forward
- bl: +1 really important to have organizational coherence, stick to OKRs, make tickets and close tickets so we are advancing together in same direction
- yj: keeping on top of github issues, falling behind on that
- join Infra meetings to provide some project management, but be more hands off and be more of spectator, but make sure we’re on track
- available for personal 1:1, career goalsetting, project management questions, etc.
Improve practices of managing passbolt instance
- Discuss infrastructure and support resiliency in prep for COVID-19
Action Items for Cultivator
Migrate items with
#todo:personto task board
Publish meeting notes as
- business-planning: open access, or publicly indexed with restricted access
- finance: open access, or publicly indexed with restricted access
- governance: open access, or publicly indexed with restricted access
- infrastructure: open access, or publicly indexed with restricted access
- operations: open access, or publicly indexed with restricted access
- Reset meeting pad for next meeting