2019-11-27 Hypha Worker Co-op: All Hands Meeting
from template | Meetings | Calendar | Tasks | Code | Drive
Time: Wed, Nov 27, 2019 @ 5-6:30pm
Attending: dc, el, bl, yj, pc, uv
Notetaker: pc Next up: gi, dc, el, bl, yj, uv, pc
|Task Board Review||25|
|— Working Group Updates|
|— Project Updates|
- dc: obsessed with reaction videos to (previously derided) metalcore music videos: e.g., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HFnXs3WAEs and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1coGoyz7pbI
Task Board Review
- Archive Done tasks
#134 credit card
- dc and yj to sort
#86 time tracking
- #discuss time-tracking categories (ben)
- udit recommitting to closing
- yj: ill get my hours done by next meeting
- el: I have been using it
#85 complete biz plan
- COTTAGE. no computer. dc on it.
- #92 publish handbook. done!
- #119 set up CRM. still open
- #143 virtual goups workshop. dc needs to push.
#132 comms tools. ben feels blocked. 2 votes.
- #discussion to unblock
#135 upgrade loomio.
- all checked. patcon passing on last comment. elon closed!
- #127 jitsi meet pilot. #discussion
- #145 labels. ready for review from dc. almost done.
- #131 email policy. was demo of pc’s proposal. feedback from el and yj. demo’ing revised proposal next infra WG. will bring to all-hands if good.
- #154 yj: in-process. still need to do payroll. going well
- #134 credit card
- Review HIGH
- #132 comms. as-is for now.
- no other thoughts raised
- Triage new tasks
- skip for the week.
- missing labels
Working Group Updates
- dc: haven’t been meeting regularly and haven’t discussed how to handle while bl and pc are remote
- dc: have started moving biz plan stuff to handbook
- dc: proposed review of the biz plan by external person be done closer to AGM
- dc: having invoiced client is great
- dc: #todo figure how to do bizdev remote
- dc: haven’t met, should get the ball rolling on AGM planning
- dc: some work can support finance
Infra & Ops
- pc: had first meeting, el facilitated
- pc: trying to review tickets
- pc: (perhaps having a summary someone just reads is a better process [for wg])
- (move into discussions)
- Parked for time
- dc: first client invoice sent and payment deposited
- pc: IDRC job application submitted, waiting to hear back
- pc: React project from Code for Canada
- Finance (yurko)
- pc: why short? if hard, do more. devops.
- dc: disagree with patcon. more records is more complicated. wants to defer to fulltime ppl.
- yj: comment on accounts receivable. missed.
- bl: longer period. high overhead in org. easier to remember once/month. models often charge per run, but also monthly. don’t need to stick with what we choose. don’t want to do hard things more as principle.
- yj: week leading up to payroll is “payroll week”. accountants seem stressed.
- uv: agree it’s not that easy to run. takes work.
- pc: proposing 1 mo
- bl: how long does this take? dc: diff in large companies. yj: more than just automation issue. uv +1
- dc: some experience in 6 ppl company, person doing payroll puts in a portion of a part-time of the week
- pc: proposal establish a monthly pay period and revisit within a year (or sooner as needed)
- consensed. all 6, but no gary!
- Pre Incoroporation Expenses
- HST and Corporations
- CAD 30,000 mark for businesses (above which we need to charge HST)
- bl: “zero-rated” for international
- pc: mission work, local or international, is “exempt”
- pc: for now, just check in with finance wg
- dc: flag how honorarium should be handled (something that we can’t really loop thru hypha if HST needs to be added) #todo
- how does this work for incoming money/honorarium to hypha?
- pc: maybe not route through hypha until we understand
- USD dollar accounts
- bl: we’re setting up transferwise
- uv: does desjardins have USD account
- pc: enspiral person (richdecibel) uses transferwise as his bank account, so +1 in support
- startup loan
- yj: is the pay back period > 12 months?
- dc: no term set, and so none expected (was agreed and noted on 2019-03-20: https://github.com/hyphacoop/organizing/blob/30ee0aaa17d67fd9ab4cf1d93adc1dbc23747b82/2019-03-20-all-hands-meeting.md)
- pc: in docs, short-term owner loans are talked about more, long-term loan may be more complicated, want to speak to bookkeeper, possibly considered income if lasting > a year #todo for finance wg
- yj: is the pay back period > 12 months?
- Declined on biz credit card
- alternative is to pursue a personal card and call to have it linked
- dc: also, possible followup with toronto business centre folks on credit product they have for small businesses
- pc: we wanted biz earn credit initially, but personal option doesn’t help that
- so we can just use a personal cash card and link it, instead of personal credit card.
- Credit card reimbursement process
- Communications Tools (ben)
- December hours+ cultivator (dc)
- dc: holiday sched? proposal: let’s take some period of time off. 1-1.5 week?
- #todo put proposal in loomio (dc)
- yurko trapped in data centre for holidays (home alone 7 storyline?)
- Parked for next time:
- Jitsi: is it working? (elon+ben)
- Improve task workflow
- Time tracking practices
- employee READMEs (patcon)
- who’s next culviator: Ben!
Action Items for Cultivator
Migrate items with
#todo:personto task board
- Publish meeting notes to GitHub
- Publish meeting template for next meeting