2020-02-12 Hypha Worker Co-op: Governance WG Meeting
Time: Wednesday, Feb 12, 2020 @ 10am-12pm
Attending: dc, pc
|Task Board Review||20|
- In honour of dc’s dying tooth, what is a part of your body you could be friends with?
- pc: gut flora (what are you? “are you in or are you out?”)
- dc: it’s probably the tooth! Despite it leaving me x2. Not life-threatening
Task Board Review
- #123 ops. sent email. website not enough for registration.
#102 AGM status update
- discussing doc
- need to email everyone individually, not group
- discussing doc
- happening at agm or launching at agm
- kickoff too structured? versus accountability on our own time
- pc: previous experience:
- working with supervisor intially
- pairing people
- enspiral chain of “mentorship” supported by kit or guide
- full-time: bi-weekly/monthly at pace with org.
- primed with questions to support each other:
- e.g., “what are you learning? how to support you right now?”
- dc: in some of the organizational time taking space and provide support (time+space) for
- setting up peer relationship
- doing some individal goal setting
- launching peer rel’n
- maybe some (by choice) way to share back
- How often?
- self-selected threshold? 5 hours a month hypha time too little?
- not try for one fit all sol’n
- maybe a “buy-in”?
- have planning sesh check-in
- pc: reflecting about the roll out process
- what to do together? more together before individual ones?
- dc: thinking about the pace– first year gets us on the right track (germinating seeds) but maybe not the final form (flowering plants)
- dc: OKRs don’t feel appropriate for all types of individual goals
- some forms of feedback and goal-setting are sensitive and don’t need to be shared
- pc: quite different. two things? which is moree valuable?
- dc: we should check-in with wider group about priorities. I’m not sure pulse, I have preference that might be diff.
- dc: much closer to each other
- pc: what about 360 feedback?
- dc: (group feedback) can lead to defensiveness. think on personalities.
- research on other models
- seek advice on models ppl have used/liked/disliked (maybe with a shortlist ourselves: 3 BULLETS POINTS MAX, NO EMOJI)
- start drafting session format/proposal for individual feedback
- some portion at AGM
- interested in OKRs that go to group
- space for two: professional goals and personal reflection? needing to accomodate both, could be different sesh, or format
- check-in/discussion at future all hands
- finalizing for AGM meeting
- #todo patcon to spawn issue with this, also keen to lead on
- Organization roles
- all just doing stuff, most
- OKR goal to write guides
- dc: guides good! but not the same as role (which could just be bullet points)
- #todo ops could make a template/set of questions for a role to fill
- dc: roles as super valuable, repurposable, etc.. (grants, etc.)
social media role
- #todo patcon to open PR
- #todo dc to review
- #todo ask for opinions/mention at call tonight. discuss next all hands?
- handbook#13 doc’ing (parked)
- #97 time-tracking (parked)
- #73 internal PM (parked)
- #121 finance
- #101 By-law planning (parked)
Candidates for co-work
- #97 Time tracker role (social media role?)
- #90 Add why’s to Service Inventory
- #81 README work
#123 WSIB registration(dc did async)
- dc: went over 30 minutes, got stuck in conversation, didn’t get to co-work
Action Items for Cultivator
- [ ] Migrate items with
#todo:personto task board
- [x] Publish meeting notes to GitHub
- [ ] Publish meeting template for next meeting
- [ ] ops could make a template/set of questions for a role to fill
- [ ] patcon: to open PR (for social media role)
- [ ] dc: to review (for social media role)
- [ ] patcon: ask for opinions/mention at call tonight. discuss next all hands?