2020-09-16 Hypha Worker Co-op: All Hands
Time: 5:00-6:00pm ET
Attending: bl, el, pc, yj, uv, dc
|Task Board Review||15|
|Working Group Updates||5|
- how do you cook marshmallows
- pc: cook over coals. slowly.
- bl: set up stations. sometimes they catch on fire due to lack
- gi: NEVER. vaguely recalls marshmallows.
- yj: layering with toasting, then impatience and set afire.
- el: put it on the fire hopefully doesn’t catches on fire
- uv: ditto yurko
- dc: don’t eat them. vegetarian. vegan on suck for roasting. gelatin.
- bl: next grant. roast-ready mashmallows.
- yj: beyond the marshmallow.
- bl in TORONTO dc: woooooooaaah
- pc in TORONTO dc: woooooooaaah
- secret project success. they will announce.
- new grant application before end of month.
- ournetworks == success! ~800GB streamed (residential OBS)
- still waiting on ISOC grant money
- coming from USA this time, so slower
- Mark == friend
- last year ISOC grants for events
- Arrived by the end of the meeting
Task Board Review
- Archive DONE tasks
- Review HIGH
- ournetworks delayed. no progress.
- patcon been working on it
- booking some interviews with ppl who worked on comparable projects
- some upcoming
- due oct 9
- research on prior art and products in space of helping ppl incorp (esp co-ops)
- patcon been working on it
#323 file returns
- hema changed them
#351 wsib commercial insurance
- re: ben’s questions…
- insurer doesn’t care about addresses. zensurance has almost never seen it. would be fees if we did need to add many.
- can’t drop electronic equipment coverage. need business office insured in order to have portable equip covered. we have lowest rate already.
- drop errors & emissions. dc: won’t drop rates much if we cut amount.
- dc: seems most important.
- comfy window == $1M to cover litigation.
- yj: +1 to insurance
- +1 uv to insurance, as-is
- uv: zensurance is monthly, which maybe nice.
- dc: proposal: wait a week or two until Cisco gets back to us, then make a call.
#311 anti-black racism.
- no progress, but important
- 2 STAR
- private#90 FSC grant
#307 agm wrap
- uv: have some lawyer names who’d be willing to review bylaws
- #todo add to CRM
- private#63 bl: just need to do this. will update handbook on close.
- #314 ansible.
- #308 Y2 biz plan. half done then delayed. upgrade prio.
- #250 hiring process. bump priority.
#298 workflow for invoices/bookkeep. blocked on credit card. blocked on bank.
- uv: there must be some other way to pay to unblock. we pay ourselves, so why not others.
- #todo use another means we have access to
- dc: we should get a checkbook. feels odd to not have it
- #todo:pc patcon will call desjardins about getting a couple cheques
- #313 server
- Triage NEW tasks
- Assign UNASSIGNED tasks
Working Group Updates
- imagining product that streamlines coop creation
- feeder into offering digital services
- new pivots in round 2: up to 20% budget can be operating costs. must be clear how we’ll be making money, and stepping toward financing.
- uv offered we should find partner who we can pass grant to, then WE can be service provider (80% budget)
- …missed. bl?
- …missed. dc?
- no update.
- how wg need get more participation.
- upcoming: health & safety reqs.
- dc: next week == VR grounds. QM. StART.
- happened above.
Action Items for Cultivator
Migrate items with
#todo:personto task board
- Publish meeting notes as open access, or publicly indexed with restricted access
- Reset meeting pad for next meeting