2019-10-30 Hypha Worker Co-op: All Hands Meeting
Time: Wed, Oct. 30 @ 5-6pm ET
Location: https://link.hypha.coop/calls (updating now)
Attending: yj, pc, el, bl, gi, uv
Notetaker: bl Next up: gi, uv, yj, pc, dc, el, bl
|Task Board Review||25|
|— Working Group Updates|
|— Project Updates|
- The most hacker thing you’ve ever done?
- gi: idk, flash shit?
- yj: hacked into school web server on a challenge from the principal
- bl: recovered a deleted file (from IDE cache)
- el: MR16 flash
- uv: university phone phreaking, international lines, phone codes on payphones
- pc: wanted to discuss a topic on tor and failed, got shit stolen next day
Task Board Review
- Archive Done tasks
- Review HIGH
- Triage new tasks
- #todo:pc document signing of documents (e.g. resolutions) in handbook
- e-transfer account not yet ready, maybe it’s because we don’t have money in there yet
- #decision #todo:yj consensed to move money from yj’s account into hypha account
- before Nov 8 can we meet with Nomadic Labs re: branding
- uv can potentially meet, how many people can actually make it?
- bl can’t be there be want at least 3 ppl there
- bl: is this a structured exercise or hangout?
- uv: how extensive is this?
- #decision pc + uv + Luisa for a call to scope this better
Working Group Updates
Infra & Ops
- bl: comfortable frequency for everyone to check GitHub
- maximum day to check?
- use emoji
- yj: no way for WGs to meet and come to consensus on something
- bl: a lot of things relate to everyone, how do I get permission to move ahead on things?
- pc: how about a walkthru of things?
- yj: chat seems to be a space, loomio is daunting, github feels right
- bl: we now link into loomio thru github
- pc: in-person paired walkthru of CRM tool seemed really helpful, can we do more of these?
- uv: should we walkthru a github flow?
- uv: too much noise and unclear urgency expectations
- bl: I have no max turn-around expectation, and I have no official way of communicating urgency
- uv: deadlines are important, communicate blocks clearly
- bl: responsible use of @ mentions
- yj: make a urgent ping channel
- uv: personally prefer email + signal, but don’t want more tools
- uv: backscroll
- uv: chat is disposable
- yj: yea use github for things we want to keep
- pc: Public Lab has update vs. discussion meeting
- do we need loomio?
- single source of truth is github, link to loomio vote when needed
- people are missing loomio notifications bc they get lost in the reminders
- uv + ben: prefer @ mention practice
- uv: @ other experiences, more sync chats (e.g. on the phone) and less async communications
- uv + ben: think there is too much process, we should be able to get away with much less
- uv + bl: everyone check github at least once a week max, if things are more urgent then ping handle on matrix
#todo:bl make a PR in handbook about this
- better timeboxing
- branding exercise went on for too long
- no scheduling in these calls